On Erev Yom Ha’Shoah and Yom Ha’Shoah 2019 all the world’s eyes will be focused on Krakow, where the First International March of the Living Emerging Leadership Conference on the Shoah and Combating Anti-Semitism and Intolerance will be taking place. A select group of young leaders from around the world, all of whom have participated on the March of the Living in the past, will gather to discuss those issues facing the future of the world.
With the rise of racism, Anti-Semitism and intolerance, these emerging leaders will come together to ensure their peers remain committed to the principle of “Never Again”. They will discuss what their response to world events will be and then ask over 10,000 young people to join their commitment to combating racism and intolerance when they announce their proclamation on Yom Ha’Shoah in front of the world.
THE FOUR DAY PROGRAM FOR THE EMERGING LEADERS:
- Emerging leaders will create a network of emerging leaders from around the world who can be activated to advance MOL initiatives aimed at combating Anti-Semitism, racism and intolerance
- Emerging leaders will spend four days discussing issues of Anti-Semitism, racism and intolerance and how they can become agents of change in their community
- Emerging leaders will dialogue with Polish/European peers on these issues and they will form partnerships and alliances surrounding these issues
- Emerging leaders will prepare for their role in the conference as facilitators of the writing of the International Declaration against Anti-Semitism, racism and intolerance
- Emerging Leaders will demonstrate to the international community that the International March of the Living is invested in equipping emerging leaders with the tools to be on the frontlines combating Anti-Semitism, racism and intolerance
THE CONFERENCE AT JAGIELLONIAN UNIVERSITY IN KRAKOW – MAY 1, 2019
- Attending delegations will participate in facilitated discussion and presentation on the state of Anti-Semitism in the world today
- Attending delegations will hear from those who have faced Anti-Semitism first hand in Europe and North American and will have the opportunity to ask questions and engage in discussion
- Attending delegations will have the opportunity and privilege to take part in drafting the International Declaration against Anti-Semitism, racism and intolerance and will have their thoughts reflected in the declaration
- Attending delegations will be inspired by the leadership of the emerging leaders who will facilitating the process of writing the declaration
- Attending delegations will be recognized at the International March of the Living on Yom Ha’Shoah as co-authors of the International Declaration against Anti-Semitism, racism and intolerance