For its Annual Review Conference in Brussels in partnership with EJA, EMOTL organized Special Panels to review Best practices and a Training Workshop on:
Active Monitoring and Countering anti-Semitism, Holocaust denial and Racism
Moderated by: Kálmán Szalai, Action and Protection Foundation (Hungary)
- Michel Gourary, Director of the European March of the Living Network
- Jack-Yves Bohbot, Vice President of the Israelite Central Consistoire of France
- Tomer Aldubi, Co-Initiator of ESCAR – European Students Combatting Anti-Semitism and Racism, and National Program director of ISCA Project– Israeli students combatting anti-Semitism, at the National Union of Israeli students.
- Staszek Alwasiak, Director of Remembrance Foundation of Poland
- Sigmount Königsberg, Commissioner against anti-Semitism at the Jewish community in Berlin (Germany)
- Gunther Jikelil, Institute for the study of contemporary anti-Semitismat Indiana University
“Kristallnacht” and hate speech – Is Europe doing enough to counter hate rhetoric?
Presentation and discussion on reviewing checks and balances in countering xenophobia, intolerance and hate speech in the European public discourse
Moderated by Kálmán Szalai, Action and Protection Foundation (Hungary)
- Shimon Samuels, Director for International Relations at the Simon Wiesenthal Centre
- Henri Nickels, Head of Sector Equality at the Equality and Citizens’ Rights Department of the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (Austria)
- MEP Branislav Skripek – President, European Christian Political Movement
Special Media workshop:
Leading journalists and media specialists will explain, discuss and share their insights on the role and use of media and new ICT technologies in mobilizing public attention and enhancing civil society reaction to issues of anti-Semitism, racism and intolerance.
Moderated by: David Khalfa, Media Adviser, EIPA France.
- Yossi Lempkowicz, Senior Media Adviser EIPA
- Joshua Brill, SHAPE+, Changing Global attitudes through youth culture
- Michal Zilberberg, Campaigns Officer at the EJA
Ms. Katharina von Schnurbein, European Commission Coordinator on combating anti-Semitism, gave a keynote address at the Conference